Viruses and Crashes Happen:
Trust your Online Backup System
“Oh, no. We should have had a better backup!”
These dreaded words are uttered all too often to BK Business Solution’s tech team. It is critical to the health of your business to have a reliable, efficient data backup system in place to protect your important information.
By far, the best backups are located offsite, rather than on external hard drives, discs, or USB drives.
Here are just a few of the problems you could encounter with USB or hard drive backups:
- If you have a virus, you may repeatedly transfer a virus to your drive each time you use it, rendering your backup useless.
- It is unlikely that you will purchase and rotate systematically through enough drives to properly retain all of your information.
- Small drives are more likely to become corrupt and more likely to lose valuable information.
- Your data must be kept in a separate physical location so it will not be lost in if there is a catastrophic event in your business, such as fire or theft.
- Annoying popups suddenly show up in your browser.
- You receive “fake” (or real) alerts indicating that your computer is at risk, you have a virus, etc.
- Your default home page of your browser changes without your input.
- You notice that your computer is running more slowly.
- Offsite backups provide big security for a surprisingly small fee.
- BK Business Solutions will keep an eye on your backups so you can have peace of mind.
- Offsite backups will provide a longer history of data.
- The backups are more secure and solve issues you might have with USB or hard drive backups.
- Online backups process overnight and does not affect your work abilities.
- Backup are scheduled often and efficiently handle the transfer of changed data.
- Tried and true services so your backups will be “good.”
Any backup system is typically better than none. But don’t lose data with a hardware crash or virus.
Contact BK Business Solutions today so we can help you prepare an offsite backup plan that you can count on.